CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS EXTENDED BY STATE GOVTS/UTs TO RETIRED AND SERVING DEFENCE PERSONNEL
1. Priority-I for employment of disabled ex-Servicemen and Priority III for ex-Servicemen.
2. Reservation in Group C posts 10 percent and Group D posts 20 percent.
3. Induction of ex-Servicemen at suitable levels in State Police Force.
4. Allotment of Jai Jawan Stall to widows/Ex-Servicemen.
5. Stipend of Rs. 250/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen trainees in ITIs.
6. Old age pension of Rs. 250/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen above 60 years.
7. World war Veterans are given Rs. 500/- p.m. as financial assistance.
8. A grant of Rs. 1,000/- is given to ex-Servicemen/their widows for marriage of their daughter.
9. Maintenance grant of Rs. 600/- p.m. to disabled ex-Servicemen undergoing training at QMTI, Kirkee.
10. Stipend to children of Ex-Servicemen for their education. Stipend @ Rs. 300/- p.m. for Technical. Engg and Medical education upto graduate and post-graduate level Rs. 200/- p.m. under going diploma training. Rs. 75/- p.m. typing and steno training.
11. Reservation of seats for ex-servicemen in ITI, Aizawl and for widows and dependants of ex-Servicemen in District Industry Centre, Aizawl each trade 1.5%.
12. Free Medical aid in govt. hospitals.
13. Preference accorded to the disabled ex-Servicemen including families of those killed in action in allotment of arable land for their rehabilitation.
14. Sainik Rest House in Mizoram.
15. Exemption from payment of House Tax when occupied by self, agricultural land of one holding registered in the name of ex-Serviceman and exemption from entertainment tax.
16. 10 percent reservation in issue of National Permits.
17. Exemption from payment of examination/application fee and Entertainment tax.
18. Ex-gratia grant of Rs 1 lakh is given to those killed in action and 50,000/- to those wounded and disabled.
19. Employment in class III & IV posts priority -I
20. Two members of family can be directly appointed without registration in Employment exchange Priority I.
21. War Widows are given special preference for allotment of Jai Jawan Stall if asked for.
22. Ex-gratia grant of Rs. 1.00 lacs to those killed in action and 50,000/- to those wounded and disabled.
23. Financial assistance for construction of dwelling houses. Officers- Rs. 15,400/-, JCOs Rs. 12,400/- and Ors Rs. 10,000/-.
24. Full exemption of fee for school going children including uniform, hostel charges, full cost of books and stationery.
25. Remission of house and land revenue for ex-Servicemen and during the life time of widow only. Memo No. LRR/A-96/88 dated 16 sep 92.
26. Exemption from House Tax, land revenue, age concession, self employment schemes etc.