CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS EXTENDED BY STATE GOVTS/UTs TO RETIRED AND SERVING DEFENCE PERSONNEL
1. 10 percent reservation in each of the Groups ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts.
2. Relaxation of age limit for ex-Servicemen for civil employment to the extent of number of years of military service plus three years.
3. Computer and Tailoring training to children of ex-Servicemen at confessional rate.
4. Scholarship grant to the children of JCOs/NCOs/ORs and children of battle casualties.
5. War veterans/widows paid honorarium of Rs. 1,000/- p.m.
6. War Jagir allowance is given to the parents whose one child/children are in the Army @ 450/- for one child, @ Rs. 600/- for two children and @ 750/- for three children.
7. Stipend @ Rs. 250/- p.m. to ex-Servicemen, War widows and their children trainees in ITIs.
8. Cash grant to Gallantry Award Winners.
9. Wives of military pensioners or minor children are given Rs. 1500/- as one time ‘Death Relief Grant’ at the time of death of pensioner.
10. Ex-Servicemen/dependents patients transferred for one military hospital to another military/civil hospitals are given travel expenses maximum upto Rs. 1,000/-.
11. Reimbursement of cost of spectacles, hearing aids etc, ranging from Rs. 600/- to Rs. 3,000/-
12. Subsidy upto a maximum of Rs. 1,000/- for purchase of sewing machine to widows/unmarried daughter of ex-Servicemen.
13. Spot financial assistance to ex-Servicemen/dependents who are in indigent circumstances upto Rs. 5,000/-.
14. Annual relief grant to ex-Servicemen/dependent in penury Rs. 2,500/-.
15. 03 Seats in MBBS, 70 Seats in Engg, 2.5 percent of available seats in Agricultural Collages/Polytechnics/ITI & 20 seats in TCH, 1 Seats in Dental, 2 seats in Nursing Training and 15 seats in B.Ed are reserved for the children of serving and ex-service personnel.
16. 10 percent of the house-sites and houses are reserved for allotment by all Urban Development authority for serving personnel/ex-Servicemen and families of jawans killed in action.
17. Retired officers transit home at Bangalore.
18. Sainik Rest Houses in Karnataka.
19. Special provision exists in the Rent Control act and land Reforms act for ex-Servicemen.
20. Benefits of pay fixation/protection, counting of military service, where Ex-Servicemen are re-employed in State civil Service.
21. State Government scholarship to the Karnataka Cadets of RIMC and NDA.
22. Girls hostel at Dharwad and Boys hostel at Athani, Belgaum and Karwar.
23. Upto two members of the family of the battle casualty are provided employment with in the quota reserved for ex-Servicemen on priority 2A.
24. Ex-gratia grant -war widow – Rs. 2,00,000/- and Wounded/missing – Rs. 50,000/-
25. Marriage Grant for each daughter Rs. 8,000/-.
26. Honorarium to war widows of prior to 01 Nov 78 – Rs. 1000/-p.m.
27. Two acres of wet or four acres of rainfed or eight acres of dry land are given to the families of service personnel killed in action free of cost. If land is not available for allotment, a cash grant of Rs. 1,00,000/- to the war widows.
28. Cash in lieu of Free Built House for Battle Casulalty Officers/JCOs Rs. 4.5 lakhs and OR Rs. 3.0 lakhs.
29. House Repair grant of Rs. 20,000/-.
30. House Tax Consession for War Widows and Gallantry Award Winders ranging from Rs. 500/- to Rs. 2,000/- per annum.
31. Marriage grant for each daughters of Ex-Servicemen Rs. 1,000/-.
32 Scholar to children of Ex-Servicemen pensioner or other States and Non- Pensioner of Karnataka Studying in Post matric and Degree Classes amounting ranging from Rs.600/- to Rs.25,000/-.