CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS EXTENDED BY STATE GOVTS/UTs TO RETIRED AND SERVING DEFENCE PERSONNEL
1. Reservation of 5 percent posts in Group I & II and 14 percent in Group III and IV posts for ex-Servicemen. Reserved vacancies are being carried forward for two years. Age relaxation for ex-Servicemen to the extent of his Military Service + 3 years. Ex-Servicemen/their dependents candidates sponsored against reserved vacancies by RSBs/ZSBs are allowed free travel in Haryana Roadways buses for attending the interview.
2. Free training in vocational trades to war widows/dependents in PANCHKULA, CHACHRAULI, HISAR, DADRI, REWARI and ROHTAK alongwith grant on monthly stipend/messing allowance and for male ward of war widows at JHAJJAR and JIND.
3. Stipend of Rs. 250/- p.m. for vocational training of ex-Servicemen in ITIs.
4. Cash awards to the winners of Gallantry Awards.
5. War Jagir allowance @ Rs. 5,000/- per annum enhanced by State Govt of the parents of only son or two more sons who served in armed Forces during 1962 or 1971 emergencies.
6. Free coaching for admission to NDA,IMA, OTA and preparation for the competitive exam for entrance in the medical, engineering and recruitment in Armed Forces is being provided to Wards of War widows, widows and ESM by Sainik Pariwar Bhawans.
7. Financial assistance to Orphan children of ex-Servicemen is enchance from @ Rs. 450/- p.m. to Rs.600 p.m.
8. Financial assistance to widows of ex-Servicemen at the time of death of their husbands Rs. 2,000/-
9. Old age pension of Rs. 500/- p.m. w.e.f. 1.4.94 to ex-Servicemen above 60 years and widows of ex-Servicemen not in receipt of service/family pension. World War Veterans are given financial assistance of Rs. 500/- p.m.
10. Financial assistance to blind ex-Servicemen is enhance from @ Rs. 600/- p.m. to Rs.1000 p.m.
11. Financial assistance to paraplegic/teraplegic ex-Servicemen is enhance from Rs. 800/- p.m to Rs. 1000 p.m.
12. Sanad and sticks together with Rs. 500/- ex-Servicemen in appreciation of their good work done in the Distt.
13. Stipend to children of ex-servicemen from Rs. 100/- to Rs. 600/- p.m.
14. Cash award of Rs. 2,500/- to officers and Rs. 1,500/- to JCOs/Ors of TA for meritorious service.
15. Pocket money @ Rs. 100/- p.m. to the patients of TB and Leprosy, getting treatment in recognised sanatoria.
16. Grant of financial assistance @ Rs. 1000/- p.m. to disabled ex-Servicemen whose disability is not even attributable to Armed Forces Services and who are not in receipt any type of pension/financial assistance from and source.
17. Financial assistance of Rs. 51,00/- is provided to the widows of ex-Servicemen and 11,000/- to the war widows and disabled Ex-Servicemen (above 50% disability) for the marriage of their daughter/s
18. Additional pension to widows and children of Defence personnel who died while in service ranging from Rs. 100/- to Rs. 600/-.
19. Interest subsidy on loan amounts ranging from Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-.
20. Pension to recipients of Victoria Cross awardees @ Rs. 1,000/- p.m.
21. Pension to the recipients of Param Vir Chakra @ Rs. 1,000/- p.m.
22. 3 percent reservation in all Educational/Professional Institutions.
23. 5 Beds in Civil Hospitals namely Charkhi Dadri, Narnaul, Rewari and Karnal are reserved for ex-Servicemen and their families.
24. Exemption of House Tax when self-occupied.
25. 10 percent reservation of Houses, national permits and Residential Plots.
26. Building and lands used as Sainik Rest Houses are exempted from property tax.
27. Sainik Rest Houses in Haryana.
28. Scholarship to children at the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun. Sainik Schools & Punjab Public School, Nabha.
29. Waste land of Armed Forces Personnel will not be taken over under utilisation of Land Acts.
30. Exemption from payment of HPSC fees.
31. Exemption from medical examination fee on first entry to Govt. Service.
32. Preference to ex-Servicemen for Ration Depots.
33. Soldiers are exempted from the levy of Entertainment Duty.
34. Provision for recovery of commercial buildings for bonafide use.
35. The recipients of Gallantry Awards are permitted to stay in Haryana Bhawan.
36. Two free bus travel passes to war widows in a month upto pension office.
37. Exemption from levy of Sales Tax.
38. Vacation of houses of ex-Servicemen. Land Tenancy Act also amended.
39. Free coaching boarding and lodging for wards of serving personnel and ex-Servicemen for career guidance courses for recruitment in Armed Forces and admission in professional courses. War widows/dependents of those killed/disabled in war including Op Vijay
40. Employment on priority basis up to two dependents.
41. Employment will be given to one family member of Martyr who have laid down his life in Kargil in ‘Operation Vijay’
42. One or two additional seats will be provided in various courses run by Universities for the next of kin of the martyrs who laid down their lives in Kargil in Operation Vijay.
43. Priority allotment of soft coke/slack coke depot in Haryana.
44. Priority allotment of stalls (PCO) booth in transport Deptt.
45. (a) Ex-gratia grant to the NOKs of those Defence Personnel who have been killed in enemy action/Militant action or due to IED blast.
(b) Ex-gratia grant to the Disabled Defence Personnel who got disabled during various operations or IED blast depending upon their percentage of disability.
(c) Families of P. O. W. will be granted lump sum ex-gratia Rs. 10,000/- + Rs. 1,000/- per minor/dependent child.
(d) Personnel missing in operations : Families given ex-gratia Rs. 10,000/-lump sum Rs. 1,000/- per minor/dependent child.
46. Financial assistance for Construction/repair of house to war widows/100 percent disabled ex-servicemen Rs. 20,000/-.
47. Priority allotment of Jai Jawan Stalls to war disabled ex-Servicemen.