CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS EXTENDED BY STATE GOVTS/UTs TO RETIRED AND SERVING DEFENCE PERSONNEL
1. Priority in Govt jobs in Group III & IV posts.
2. Appointment of ESM in Bihar Armed Police.
3. Presentation of sewing machines to widows and wives of disabled ex-servicemen.
4. 5 percent Reservation in B.Ed, Primary Teachers Training Colleges and Professional Colleges.
5. Maintenance grant to disabled ex-servicemen undergoing training at QMTI, Kirkee ‑ Rs.900/‑ p.m.
6. Reservation in vocational institutions.
7. Cash grants for winners of Gallantry Awards.
8. Grant for one daughter's marriage to ESM without any support and Widows of ESM, amounting to Rs.8,000/‑ at the discretion of the State Managing Committee.
9. Financial assistance to deserving ex-servicemen and their families.
10. Old age pension of Rs.500/‑ p.m. to non‑pensioners of World War II.
11. Special education/hostel grants for dependents of ex-servicemen/Widows whose income is upto Rs 4500/- or getting Pension upto Rs 3000/- pm.
12. War Memorial Hostel grant of Rs.50/‑ p.m. to children residing in these hostels.
13. Reservation of 2 beds in TB Sanitorium, Ranchi.
14. Financial assistance for provision of artificial limbs.
15. Financial assistance from Dept of Sainik Welfare for repair of artificial limbs.
16. Reservation of 10 percent in allotment of houses of Housing Board.
17. Favourable provisions in Rent Control Act for ESM to get their houses vacated from tenants.
18. Sainik Rest Houses in Bihar.
19. For the purpose of Pay Fixation of re-employed ESM, Rs 500/- of the Pension in case of Gp A posts and full pension in case of PBORs appointed on Gp B, C or D posts, is ignorable.
20. Equation of 162 Army Trades with Civil Trades.
21. Reservation of Industrial plots/sheds ‑ 5 percent
22. Grant of interest subsidy on bank loans.
23. Free legal aid to ex-servicemen with annual income of Rs 5000/-
24. Compassionate employment in Gp C and D posts.
25. Training of war widows in Tailoring & Crafting, Teacher's Training and Nursing courses.
26. Ex-gratia grant to NOKs of martyred Defence Personnel during Op Vijay - Rs. 10 lakhs.
27. Rs 20,000/‑ financial assistance for house/flat repair.
28. Daughter's marriage grant Rs 8,000/‑.
29. Complete exemption from tuition fee and hostel charges. Special educational concessions to wards of service personnel killed in action. 30. 5 percent Reservation for wards of Defence personnel killed/disabled in 1962, 1965 and 1971 Wars, for admission in School Hostels and 1 percent reservation in College Hostels.
31. Scholarship, Book grant and Hostel grant.
32. Allotment of agricultural land 5 acres and 12.5 Dismal land for housing.