CONCESSIONS AND BENEFITS EXTENDED BY STATE GOVTS/UTs TO RETIRED AND SERVING DEFENCE PERSONNEL
1. 2 percent reservations in Group ‘II’ and ‘IV’ posts.
2. 5 percent reservation in fresh water pond culture, Fresh water fish seek production and brackish water pond culture.
3. For self‑employment schemes financial assistance being rendered through AP State Financial Corporation.
4. Cash awards to winners of Gallantry Awards. These are given at Appendix 'E'.
5. Free legal assistance to ex-servicemen and their dependents where the Govt is not a party. Request for legal assistance can be made to the concerned Distt. or Taluk Legal Aid Committee as the case may be (Auth G.O.Ms No 1900 dt 17 Dec 1971 of Home (Courts. A) Deptt).
6. District Collectors are competent to sanction old age/widow's pension in deserving cases, including ex-servicemen @ Rs.150/‑ p.m.
7. War Jagir allowance by State @ Rs.150/‑ p.a. for one child and Rs.50/‑ p.a. for every additional child w.e.f. 19 Mar 94.
8. Ex‑gratia grants to all ranks who are seriously disabled and are invalidded out of service ‑ Rs.5,000/‑(Auth G.O.Ms. No 25 dt 17 Jan 1986 of GA(Poll.B) Deptt).
9. A stipend of Rs. 250/- p.m. from special fund for R&R of ex-servicemen for undergoing IIT.
10. Financial assistance to ex-servicemen in distress.
11. Funeral expenses up to Rs.2,000/‑ in case of death of an ex‑Serviceman. In case of death of widow or child of ex‑Serviceman, Rs.1,500/‑ and Rs.1000/- funeral grant being sanctioned respectively.
12. Marriage grant of Rs.2,500/‑ to daughters of widow of ex-servicemen upto two daughters. Financial grant for intercaste marriage Rs.3,000/‑ and widows re‑marriage Rs.5,000/‑ is also given.
13. Monthly maintenance grant, maximum Rs.300/‑ being sanctioned as relief towards maintenance to incapacitated ex-servicemen/widows.
14. Maintenance grant of Rs.900/‑ p.m. to disabled ex-servicemen undergoing training at QMTI.
14(A). Enhanced Financial Assistance @ Rs 500/-pm to Non pensioner II World War veterans, Rs 400/-for widows of World War Veterans II wef 1-12-2006.
15. Ex-servicemen suffering from T.B. are treated at par with NGOs of the State for admission to Govt T.B. Medical Institutes. (Auth : G.O.Ms. No 2289, dt 11-10-1976 of Health Housing and Mun Admn Department).
16. The State Govt have reserved 3 percent houses under HIG/MIG/LIG and EWS constructed by A.P. Housing board.for serving personnel and Ex-servicemen.
17. 5 percent of Industrial Plots/Sheds on Industrials Estate/Industrial development areas of the A.P. Infrastructure co-operation has been reserved for ex-servicemen for establishment of small scale industries.
18. Exemption from property tax for one house/property of Ex-servicemen/their widows/serving personnel when it is occupied by the widow/ex-Serviceman and by the family in case of serving personnel for their self dwelling purpose for one house/property. (Auth : GOMs No 83 MA, dt 15 Mar 97 of MA and UD (TC) Deptt).
19. Sainik Rest Houses in Andhra Pradesh. See Appendix ‘K’.
20. Ex-servicemen are given preference in allotment of route/national permits by State Transport Authorities.
21. Govt of Andhra Pradesh has equated Defence Service Trades with Civil trades vide G.O. Ms. No.16, Dt 12 Apr 99 of Labour Employment & Training and Factories (Emp) Department.
22. One compassionate appointment to the dependent of Armed Forces personnel “Killed in action” / disabled in action.
23. Cash grant Rs.5,000/‑ to dependents of those killed in action or war disabled ex-servicemen discharged from service (Other than OP VIJAY).
24. NCOs and below are entitled for 5 acres of dry land or 2.5 acres wet land.
25. Up to two children of Ex-servicemen who are prosecuting studies in Intermediate and above are eligible for sanction of educational concession @ Rs.115/- per month for Intermediate and @ Rs. 150/- per month for above Intermediate courses. They are eligible to claim from one source only.
26. Admission to the children of Defence Personnel Killed in Action / Disabled in Action in OP VIJAY into the A.P. Residential Schools.
27. Allotment of house plot/house site 100/50 sq. house site to the dependents of those killed in action and disabled Ex-Servicemen of other than OP VIJAY.
28.. Rs.2,500/‑ marriage grant up to two daughter of Ex-Servicemen and widows of ESM is granted for performing the marriage. Financial grant for inter caste marriage @ Rs 3000/- and widows re-marriage @ Rs 5000/- is also given.
29. An amount of Rs 5.00 lakhs (Rupees Five lakhs) would be given to NOKs of Armed Forces Personnel killed in action in “OP VIJAY”.
30. Cash grant of Rs 1.00 lakh (Rupees One Lakh) to Armed Forces Personnel disabled in action in ‘OP VIJAY’.
31. In case of Armed Forces Personnel killed in action / disabled in action in “OP VIJAY” whose native place is a rural area, the allotment of house site would be upto 300 Sq yards at the native place. In case of the native place being an urban areas in addition to house site allotment facility already available under the existing rules, out of turn allotment of one residential flat / house in an APHB project would be made available on cost basis at the rate applicable.
32. Cash grant for winners of gallantry Awards