INSTRUCTIONS FOR EX-SERVICEMEN
How to Become an ECHS Member
1. Eligibility. Only Ex-Servicemen drawing pension/disability pension or widows who are in receipt of family pension are eligible to apply. He/she may approach nearest Station HQs at 104 Military Stations or Service Hospitals, CSDs and collect the application form for enrolment into the ECHS scheme.
2. Please check the following pages when collecting the application form :-
(The revised version of the application form as on 06 Jun 2003 is also available for download from the website )
Completion of Documentation
3. Fill in the application form as per details required. While filling, care must be taken that name(s) of dependant(s) tally with service documents / records. All columns and necessary details must be filled; otherwise the application will be rejected.
4. An affidavit as per format, duly attested by a Magistrate / Notary Public, will be submitted.
5. Deposit quadruplicate copy of MRO as per the required contribution amount, based on the Basic pension (excluding DA and disability).
6. Prepare one photocopy each of PPO/duly authenticated by Bank/Treasury, Discharge book except Naval Personnel, Ex-serviceman (ESM) identity card.
Depositing Application Forms/Documents at Designated Locations
7. Applicant is required to report in person to the Station Headquarters along with all original documents listed above. Attach one photocopy each of your PPO, Discharge book, ESM Identity card and "Service Particulars – Retired/Released Officers" with the Application Form.
8. At Station Headquarters, the Adm Comdt/SSO will compare and verify the photocopies of all documents with originals. He will attest all photocopies and retain these for record. He will also ask certain questions/clarify any matter from the applicant, if necessary.
9. Once all formalities have been completed the original documents will be returned immediately to the applicant. A Receipt with Registration Number will be provided to the applicant. This receipt must be retained carefully, as it will be required as proof when collecting ECHS Membership Card at a later date, or for making any query. ESM are NOT required to leave behind any original document.
Collecting ECHS Membership Card & Availing Treatment
10. Applicants will be informed when to come to Station HQs to collect ECHS Membership Card. He/she will have to come personally for collection and sign at the Station HQs, in token of having received the Card. TO AVAIL MEDICAL TREATMENT AT ANY POLYCLINIC / EMPANELLED HOSPITAL, IT IS MANDATORY FOR PENSIONERS/WIDOWS TO FIRST REPORT TO NEAREST POLYCLINIC ALONG WITH THEIR "ECHS MEMBERSHIP CARD".
Filling of Military Receivable Order (MRO)
11. An MRO is accepted by a branch of RBI or SBI only when it bears the stamp of a unit of Army, Navy or Air Force and signature of a serving officer. A case was taken up with the RBI to issue instructions to all to wave off this requirement. This approval has been accorded on 16 Apr 2003. All pensioners can now sign the form themselves and deposit the money in any branch of RBI or SBI.
12. (a) Controller General Defence Accounts (CGDA) has nominated the following Army Principal Controllers of Defence Accounts (PCsDA)/Controllers of Defence Accounts (CsDA) for accounting the contribution made in their areas of jurisdiction: -
|Ten Digit Code No|
|Jammu||J&K||PCDA (NC), Jammu||4014000005|
|New Delhi and Chandimandir||Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh including Bikaner and Sriganganagar (Rajasthan)||PCDA (WC), Chandigarh||4013000002|
|Jaipur and Pune||Maharashtra, Gujrat and Rajasthan less Bikaner and Shriganganagar||PCDA (SC), Pune||4011000002|
|Lucknow||UP and Uttranchal||PCDA (CC) Lucknow||4018000009|
|Kolkata and Patna||Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Sikkim and all states of North East||CDA, Patna||4015000006|
|Jabalpur||MP and Chattishgarh||CDA, Jabalpur||4055095002|
|Hyderabad||Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka||CDA, Secunderabad||4055090007|
|Chennai and Kochi||Tamilnadu and Kerala||CDA, Chennai||4016000007|
13. In case of any difficulty, one may contact:-
Tele No. +91-11-23792422