USE OF UNIT/ESTABLISHMENT IN RESPECT OF RELEASE OF INFORMATION (S) UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT-2005
(To be used in case information sought for is to be denied)
1. Please refer your letter No. dt seeking information under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
2. Your request to furnish the information sought for vide ibid letter has been examined. You have sought information pertaining to: -
(i) inspection of work, documents, records of .
(ii) taking note, extracts, certified copies of documents, records of .
(iii) taking certified samples of material pertaining to .
(iv) Obtaining information in the form of diskettes, floppies, tapes, videocassettes or in any other electronic mode or through printouts where such information is stored in a computer or in any other device.
(v) (mention specific information or data sought)
3. On careful consideration of your request and the relevant records pertaining to the matter, it is noted that information sought cannot be provided as the same is exempted from disclosure under Sec 8 of the said Act being disclosure: - (tick mark as applicable and score out the other).
(a) Which would prejudicially affect: -
(i) The sovereignty and integrity of India.
(ii) The security interest of the State.
(iii) The strategic interest of the State.
(iv) The scientific or economic interests of the State.
(v) Relation with a foreign State(s).
(vi) The disclosure of which would endanger the life or physical safety of any person or identify the source of information or assistance given in confidence for law enforcement or security purposes.
(vii) The process of investigation or apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
(b) It may lead to incitement of an offence.
(c) It relates to information available to a person in his fiduciary relationship.
(d) It is personal information the disclosure of which has not relationship to any public activity of interest, or which would cause unwarranted invasion of privacy of an individual.
The information relates to any occurrence, event or matter which has taken place, occurred or happened twenty years before the date on which a request was made under Section 6.
4. Now, therefore, consequent to rejection of your request to furnish the information, you are entitled to prefer an appeal in terms of Sec 7(8) (ii) of the said Act to (details and address of Appellate Authority) within a period of days.
Signed at_________ on this__________ day of_________ 200______ .
1. Strike out inapplicable part & portion (s) in paras 2 and 3.
2. Necessary details of the information sought needs to be mentioned at the end of the relevant clause in para 2